Being a good listener
We talked about what we mean by ‘communication’.
and watched : 'BBC Bitesize - Communicating with sign language'.
We discussed how sign language, pictures and facial expressions help people understand each other.
We thought about how we could be a good listener :
· Eye contact
· Asking questions about what is being said
· Summarising a point to show understanding
· Not doing other tasks
And how we could tell someone is not listening :
· Looking around or at their phone or watch
· Doing something else at the same time
· Talking to someone else
· Doesn’t say or do anything or make any facial expressions in response
We talked about empathising with someone - imagining how they might feel
This is the blog of Roses(Year 4 and 5)